CAPPA certified professionals aim to facilitate empowerment, connection, and self-advocacy in families from pre-conception through early parenthood. CAPPA works to foster and encourage culturally relevant education, support, and training in countries around the world. CAPPA seeks to forge positive and productive relationships with organizations that support healthy, informed family decisions. CAPPA strives to build a bridge of understanding, respect, and communication with all healthcare professions. The organization consists of an international leadership board, administrative team, regional representatives, faculty, advisors, and its membership. CAPPA is the most comprehensive pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and breastfeeding organization available.
CAPPA will strive to:
• Increase the number of trained perinatal professionals available. This includes but is not limited to: childbirth, teen, pregnancy fitness, and lactation educators; and antepartum, labor, and postpartum doulas.
• Provide excellent training opportunities for perinatal professionals.
• Offer personal and professional growth opportunities including marketing strategies for CAPPA professionals. CAPPA prides itself on its state of the art, exemplary, and affordable continuing education for all CAPPA members.
• Connect directly to families via the use of current media and technology.
• Support the right of families to make informed decisions about pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, and breastfeeding.
• Give families the tools needed to move forward confidently into parenthood.
• See the CAPPA vision become reality around the world.